sweet peach layout | father's day

Saturday, September 10, 2011

DSC_1388.jpg

The first sketch for September was just posted today over at Sweet Peach Crop Shop, and I've got a layout in the mix! Keri Babitt is Sweet Peach's spectacular sketch designer, and I absolutely love working with her sketches- they're so easy to follow exactly as is or to change up a bit and add your own spin on the design.


As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew I wanted to use a set of three Instax photos layered over shipping tags- one of my favorite office supplies to use on scrapbook pages (you can read more about my obsession with office supplies in my crafting here). Also, those Instax photos? Totally fake! I made them using this tutorial from Elle's Studio, though I sized and printed the images at home instead of ordering them from a developer.

_DSC8488.jpg

All supplies are from the completely awesome September Sweet kit at Sweet Peach Crop Shop. This month's kit is filled to the brim with goodies from American Crafts' Amy Tangerine line, and the papers and embellishments are so versatile that I was able to use the same kit for this page about Father's Day and also on some more girly pages that I'll be sharing later this month.

DSC_1390.jpg

The photos themselves are, as I said a bit earlier, from Father's Day of this year. I got a few great shots of Dad opening his gifts from Jon and I, and I was happy to get Dad on a layout since I don't seem to scrap about just him very often. He's in a lot of family pages of course, but he's not often the sole subject of a layout.

DSC_1389.jpg

This is just the start of my Sweet Peach layouts for the month- I have three more to share with you as September rolls on, so be sure to stay tuned!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan