Beth's Birthday

Sunday, April 24, 2011

I found myself on the road again yesterday morning, headed back to Tennessee to spend a few hours with family for Beth's (my sister-in-law) birthday party.

Any event with Beth and Jon now also means that we all get a chance to see miss Sophie again.

DSC_4400.jpg

She's learning to high-five pretty well now! And she totally loves my Dad.

DSC_4403.jpg

And of course my Mom. :)

DSC_4406.jpg

She basically got passed around to everyone so we could oooh and aaaah over her.

DSC_4409.jpg

And in the middle of all the baby-sharing, we set up tables for food and started grilling. It was really windy, though, so Dad and Jon moved the grill up to the porch so it wouldn't blow out.

DSC_4413.jpg

I was so happy that my aunt Tina came, too!!

DSC_4418.jpg

And my sweet cousin, Michelle.

DSC_4420.jpg

How about more Sophie? She's teething, so she noms on everything in site.

DSC_4427.jpg

Speaking of noms, we had lots of grilled hot dogs and hamburgers.

DSC_4431.jpg

I think that Dad passed on the grill-master genes to my brother, because he did a great job cooking!

DSC_4435.jpg

My aunt Lina also came (yay!!) and brought the cutest Garanimals tub for Sophie.

DSC_4436.jpg

L'il bugs took to Linda instantly!!

DSC_4439.jpg

DSC_4450.jpg

DSC_4456.jpg

Beth's family also came to visit- we haven't all been together in a long time! This is one of Beth's grandmothers with my Mom.

DSC_4458.jpg

And Beth's other grandmother with Sophie.

DSC_4461.jpg

And Beth's mom, Ellen.

DSC_4466.jpg

Someone (maybe Ellen? I don't remember) brought Sophie her first Easter basket, so we all went nuts taking photos of her playing with it (mostly I think she wanted to eat the plastic grass!!).

DSC_4476.jpg

DSC_4493.jpg

She proceeded to dump out the entire contents...

DSC_4495.jpg

...which gave me the perfect opportunity for a cute baby foot shot.

DSC_4499.jpg

Linda snapped this photo with her phone- everyone thought it was hilarious that I was laying in the grass to take photos.

IMAG0194.jpg

I couldn't resist a close-up of the eggs.

DSC_4507.jpg

And also of my brother's shirt. I have to get one of these!!

DSC_4510.jpg

Lunch was served buffet style...

DSC_4511.jpg

...and most everyone brought something to share. Mom made some of the best salsa I've ever had (and I'm totally not a salsa person!!)...

DSC_4516.jpg

...and you can almost always count on my Grandmom to bring deviled eggs.

DSC_4518.jpg

Back to Sophie, who decided she wanted Dad's hat.

DSC_4528.jpg

So he gave it to her. :)

DSC_4532.jpg

DSC_4544.jpg

And then it was time for Beth to open presents. It was her party, after all. :)

DSC_4547.jpg

That didn't stop me from taking more photos of Sophie, though!

DSC_4552.jpg

And then going back to Beth for a little while...

DSC_4556.jpg

...and back to Sophie. :)

DSC_4560.jpg

Both families chipped in and bought Beth a really, really nice sewing machine. She loves to quilt, and her old one has been driving her bonkers.

DSC_4567.jpg

DSC_4571.jpg

There was one last shot I had to get as everyone was packing up to leave...Michelle got her first car earlier this year, and it's a del Sol like mine!! Hers is a year newer and black (mine's the blue one), but we still say we're "car twins."

DSC_4581.jpg

And here we are with them. :) I've had mine for almost nine years now!!!

DSC_4591.jpg

And then it was time to drive back home.

I almost didn't go up for the party because things have been so crazy at home, but I decided to at almost the last minute (9pm the night before) and I'm so glad I did!!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan