Friday Favorites: Live From Sam's Club!!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Hola from still-out-of-power northern Alabama!! I'm currently sitting at Sam's Club (where they have an internet connection and wifi) taking a few minutes to send emails and read up on current events. I'm also getting my first glimpse of the destruction that happened not too far from me (I want to reiterate again that we're absolutely fine with no damage whatsoever), and holy wow, it's incredible. I know that the rest of the world has had access to these images for a couple of days now, but with limited communications and even more limited power (basically generator only), we've only heard about it on the radio and hadn't seen it before now. Kind of crazy- we're smack in the middle of it, yet we know less about it than probably anyone else right now. If you'd like to help out with the relief effort, I'm sure that donations to the American Red Cross would be much appreciated right now.

We've been trying to keep life normal and enjoy the days off work as much as possible. We even picked up some new plants at Lowe's the morning and have been doing some gardening at home! And, of course I've been scrapping when I have daylight or when we run the generator (we don't keep it on 24/7 to conserve fuel) and I can turn on the lights in the scrap room.

And, thankfully, since my work schedule has been a bit hectic lately I'd already prepped today's Friday Favorites collage earlier in the week, so all I need to do is link everything up! Are you ready for some pretties? :)

 

From left to right:
  • These photo cards are a quick and easy way to turn your favorite pictures into beautiful greetings! Get the scoop at Ella Publishing.
  • Pink Paislee shares several ways to use their printed tissue sheets, including these cute mod flowers.
  • My travel-obsessed self thought that these passport themed wedding invitations featured at Paper Crave were just too cool! 
  • October Afternoon has a great article on shaped cards with step by step instructions.
  • These mini Polaroid magnets are too cute for words! Learn how to make them yourself at Ambrosia Girl.
  • Oh Happy Day has a great post showing how to make these super-fun confetti-filled invitations.
  • How sweet is this doily and patterned paper mobile? I must make one soon! Learn how at Tater Tots and Jell-O.
  • Elle's Studio shares this amazingly fun mini album on their blog- I'm in love with all the colors and the Instax photos!
  • Lisa Dickinson has a guest post at Scrapbooks, Etc. showing how she took inspiration from a catalog cover for a scrapbook page. 
Okay, that's all from me today! I hope you guys have a great weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan