Counterfeit Kit: 5K Mini Album

Thursday, April 14, 2011

In my little whining rant yesterday, I mentioned that some weekends I still managed to find a few hours to scrapbook. Last Sunday was one of those days, so I dove into Counterfeit Kit's first mini challenge for April- using memorabilia on a page.

_DSC7467.jpg

I'd been wanting to compile all the names, dates, and finish times for the 5Ks that I ran last year, and a mini album seemed like the perfect place to do it! I used a bunch of generic shipping tags as my album "pages," and then I of course accented with supplies from my April Counterfeit Kit.

_DSC7469.jpg

For the memorabilia part, I chose to use a bunch of clothing tags that I saved from some of my running and gym gear. I'm a bit of a gear snob- Mizuno, Nike, New Balance...you get the picture (I'm the same way with any hobby I have, really)- so I had some really cool tags to use.

I started with my first 5K of last year, the Shamrock Shuffle.

_DSC7470.jpg

_DSC7471.jpg

Some of the races I attended alone and didn't have photos, or I only had photos that I shot with my iPhone before or after the race. In the case of the Chick Fil A 5K, I was lucky enough to find a photo of myself at the start line on their Facebook page.

_DSC7472.jpg

I also ran the Healthy Kids Day 5K sans accompaniment, so I just used a couple of random photos I shot after the race. This one had a hill that was killer!

_DSC7474.jpg

_DSC7475.jpg

Cotton Row was my fastest race last year- 29:42!!!! I know that's not exactly a stellar speed, but I'm not one of those natural runners who can bust out 6 or 7 minute miles.

_DSC7476.jpg

_DSC7477.jpg

The Independence Day 5K is the only race I'm planning on running this year. It's in my hometown, and it's fun to run with my parents watching. Last year I ran it in 29:47, my second fastest time and my only other race under 30 minutes!

_DSC7478.jpg

_DSC7479.jpg

The Paint the Streets 5K was just horrifically hot!! We started at 7am, and it was still over 90 degrees. I was so glad when that one was over.

_DSC7480.jpg

_DSC7481.jpg

The Yellow Ribbon 5K was my slowest time of the year, but it was also at night after work (all the others were in the morning), which I think made a difference. It was so awesome to get to run on a NASCAR track! And it was the first race I ran in a skirt...and I now luuuuuurrrve my running skirt!

_DSC7482.jpg

_DSC7484.jpg

I loved it so much that I wore it for the Monte Sano 5K, as well!

_DSC7485.jpg

_DSC7487.jpg

And I also wore it for the Spooktacular in October. This one was killer because I didn't have time to properly train for it. I was too busy training for my second degree black belt test!

_DSC7488.jpg

_DSC7489.jpg

_DSC7490.jpg

I have to say that while making this I learned that I'm not really a huge fan of making mini albums- they just take me so much longer than layouts do, and I'm never really comfortable working with a smaller canvas. It's good to try one now and then, though, just to see how it feels.

Oh, and an update on last night and the whole dinner/new stove/no time incident. I finally did end up cooking on it, if only to make a cheese burrito. It totally rocks to be cooking with gas now!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan