More photos from Dad's birthday

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I had almost forgotten that I carried two cameras up to Mom and Dad's for the birthday party. One was my D300 with the 18-200mm VR attached, from which all the previously posted photos came. The other, though, was my old D70 with the 50mm f/1.4 lens- great for indoor photos with no flash.

I finally offloaded those pictures, and this is what I found...

The ingredients for boiled peanuts. Dad made a HUGE batch of them while I was there. If you've never had boiled peanuts, you don't know what you're missing. :-)


I still haven't learned not to play with my food...

We also made our own frosting for the cakes. The first batch of chocolate was soooo good that we ate almost all of it before it ever made it onto the actual cake. This is me experimenting with a mixture of the chocolate frosting and some peanut butter. It tasted like the smoothest, richest Reese's Cup EVER!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That is a great pic of you! I'm hiding behind you eating something. Most likely, chocolate frosting. I'm making more of it soon, maybe today.

    The peanuts are almost gone. :-(

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan