Thanksgiving Day

Friday, November 28, 2008

I spent Thanksgiving this year at my parents' house, and pretty much the entire family came for dinner (which was interesting given that Mom and Dad are in the middle of remodeling their kitchen).

Thanks in part to some helpful information from Flylady, Mom had a lot of the prep work already completed, down to a schedule of when things would be in the oven. All the cooking went smoothly (including the three pecan pies and a ham that I baked), and at least an hour before everyone arrived, the food was pretty much finished and the tables looked like this:


The buffet table and kitchen counters were completely covered with all kinds of good food, including a batch of fudge that my brother made (and subsequently wrapped between two plates, sealed with painter's tape).





I was so busy helping that I didn't take many photos, but here are some of the family:






And after dinner, my cousin, Michelle, and I took a little trip to Michael's for their Thanksgiving night sale. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan