Friday Favorites: The (Almost) Forgotten Edition

Friday, April 16, 2010

Ooops!! I totally forgot to post my Friday favorites list yesterday. I have a great excuse, though- we drove about two hours out of Huntsville (after work...and then two hours back) to buy a new truck!! I use the term "new" loosely because it's a 2001 (we think that cars age like good wine...the older the better (okay, so really we're just very frugal)), but I'm beyond thrilled that we've replaced the little blue Nissan pickup (1990 vintage- there's a pic of it here) with a gorgeous and slightly more useful 4Runner. It's very Melissa friendly since it's an automatic (I know how to drive a manual, but it makes my knee unhappy), has power steering, and the air conditioner works. It even has a sunroof- holla!! I'm already planning an IKEA trip in it and have conned my brother into going with me. W00t!

Okay, so on with what I should have posted yesterday...


From left to right:
  • The Inspired Bride has oodles of yummy color palettes. If you need color inspiration for scrapbook pages cards, parties, or decorating, this is a great place to look. (What, you didn't know that wedding blogs were awesome for all kinds of inspiration? :) )
  • Lori Gentile shared this gorgeous "By the Sea" mini album. The blues are just perfect.
  • It's been a long time since I shared a single layout in the Friday Favorites lineup. This page by Charity Hassel caught my attention with it's "detailed simplicity." Yes, I think I'll go trademark that phrase now. :) And it also has a beautiful beach photo...hmmm, wonder where my mind is right now...
  • Studio Calico posted this amazing mini mini (yes, it is totally tiny) of TTV photos. TTV and a mini album- could it possibly get any better than that? 
  • I love this tutorial for creating paper medallions from How About Orange. I always seem to get stumped on dimensional embellishments for cards- I have a feeling I will be using a ton of these!
  • I was amazed by Cheryl Manz's blog. Yup, pretty much the whole thing, but especially this post and this post. I seriously am in love with her scrapbook pages.
  • Just for fun, how about some free printable macaron clip art from Pugly Pixel? I just love the bright colors.
  • Check out eighteen25 for a tutorial showing how to make a box of goodies for a teacher gift (it has a nicely decorated top). This could be adjusted to fit any number of gifty themes. :)
  • And because scrap room tours are better than reality TV (though wouldn't "The Real Scrap Rooms of New York" be an awesome show?), check out Greta Hammond's studio on Pink Paislee.
Have a scrappy weekend, everyone! I'm off to run another 5K! Pics to follow soon...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan