Something From Almost Nothing: Part 1

Tuesday, April 13, 2010


I knew it was going to happen- I knew I was going to get way, way, way behind in Shimelle's Something from Almost Nothing class. That hasn't stopped me from enjoying it (and if you want to enjoy it, too, you can go here and sign up- though class has ended, you can still download all the materials and play along at your own pace) though- I've loved all of Shim's classes that I've participated in. And her Story of the Special Paper cracks me up- that sooooo sounds like something I would do!

This particular class is centered around using your stash. Each PDF prompt centers on a certain type of scrap supply and includes oodles of lovely examples by many, many different scrapbookers.

I've only completed the first prompt which was centered on metal embellishments (brads, eyelets, bookplates, etc), and of course I made an absolute mess of my desk in doing so! :)

 

It did prove to me that my decision to reorganize all my small embellishments into jars by colors was a good one.

The first prompt also covered the title page of the Celebrate Life album that we're creating as the class goes along. I chose an 8x8 American crafts d-ring album that I already had in my stash and broke out some of my favorite papers- the Que Sera Sera line from K&Company. In fact, I think that the sheet I used for the title page is my absolute favorite for the collection- the ink-drawing of the goldfish reminds me so much of the Griffin and Sabine books that I love to read.


I apologize for the slightly funky colors- I'm still sorting out the white balance in my new layout imaging setup.

I'll be back from time to time with more pages from this album as I finish them- probably two or three to a post so you don't get bored with them all. :)

2 comments:

  1. We all fall behind ..we're human! I think the page is lovely and I am off to check out the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting. THat is some nice paper.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan