Surprise Nashville Visit

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Last Sunday I made an unexpected trip to Nashville to visit with my parents for the day. Mom has been feeling under the weather for a couple of months now (actually, that's probably the understatement of the century), and I drove up to help out with some laundry and housekeeping.

In between loads I availed myself of Mom's mat cutter to trim the spines from a stack of magazines I want to scan, and I also took some time to play with the macro lens and photograph the flowers blooming around their house.







It never fails- if there is a family member in the garden, at least one cat will follow along.


I stopped at Chipotle on the way back (why, oh why, oh why have they not opened one in Huntsville yet?!?!?)) to pick up soft tacos for me and a burrito (carnitas this time) for Darren.


Beth and Jon also stopped by to visit for a bit and brought me a birthday gift- aren't these bowls beautiful? I almost purchased them at Target the first time I saw them but decided to restrain myself, and then when I went back a few days later (after I'd changed my mind) they were out. I was bummed. Beth and J had no idea of all that when they picked them out- how cool is that? :)


I've come to realize that I don't mind semi-long drives so much. It's good quiet time in the car, and I usually play my two favorite podcasts- Paperclipping Roundtable and Rush Limbaugh. How's that for polar opposites? :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan