300,000 miles

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One night near the end of June my car did something really, really cool.

It went from this...

DSC_6353.jpg

...to this!!

DSC_6355.jpg

Yes, that's 300,000 actual miles on a car that I bought 9 years ago and paid a mere $6,000 for. At 250,000 miles I had to replace the transmission, but given that it had a quarter million miles on it at the time I consider that to be more maintenance than repair. I've written before about how much I love my little del Sol, and I think it's safe to say that I'll never drive anything else until I absolutely have to.

And to celebrate this momentous occasion? Darren and I drove to dinner at Greenbrier BBQ (the old one, because, really, it's the only one worth going to) knowing that if we just took the scenic route back home we'd actually get to watch the odometer roll over.

DSC_6346.jpg

Here's to celebrating the simple things in life.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan