counterfeit kit layout | snapshot

Saturday, July 23, 2011

DSC_7144.jpg

I think my exact response to Counterfeit Kit's scraplift challenge this month was "yippee!!" You see, we had the option of choosing any layout from any gallery to lift, so I beat a path straight to Marcy Penner's gallery at Studio Calico and chose this stunning layout to lift.

DSC_7141.jpg

I hadn't scraplifted in a very long time! I used to do it exclusively, but ever since the Style Reboot I haven't, and I found it immensely enjoyable to rest my page design brain for a while and focus solely on color and pattern. I managed to lift her layout, right down to the title!!

DSC_7143.jpg

So the story behind this layout is that we were walking through Atlantis while on vacation to the Bahamas in December, and I stopped for a minute to shoot a self-portrait of us in a fancy mirror next to a bathroom of all places.

And, really, that's all there is to the story! That's one of the reasons I love one and two photo layouts- you can capture little snippets of story here and there without having to worry about cramming a whole day or a whole vacation's worth of stories onto a single page.

DSC_7142.jpg

Okay, over and out for now- I've got tons more CHA photos to edit!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan