friday favorites | home from cha

Friday, July 22, 2011

So I was up at 3:30 this morning to catch an early flight back home, and then can you believe I needed to go to the office for a few hours after that? Tonight I've been busily prepping more CHA coverage posts for Scrapbook Update- keep an eye out for them to be posted over the course of the weekend!

CHA was a blast, especially the last day. It was like the world was my oyster and it was being handed to me on a silver platter next to a bowl of cherries, and my cats starting pooping rainbows (instead of, you know, the other stuff). Okay, so that last part might not be true, but if they had started pooping rainbows there would have been a pot of gold at the end of every last one of them, darn it! :) Let's just say it was very, very good. :)

One of the best parts was running into two longtime blog readers and Ella Friends, Valerie Mangan and Jennifer Larson- I loved getting to actually meet them in person! Jennifer cracked me up when she told me that mine was the only scrapbooking blog that her husband reads. So, hi Jennifer's husband!!! Keshet Starr was also with Valerie and Jennifer, and I was delighted to meet her as I've been following her blog for some time now.

Now, how about some crafty links?

 
From top left:
  • Find cutting files and instructions for these cute citrus gift boxes at Paper Crave.
  • I got kinda geeked out when I learned from Cafe Cartolina that you can buy a kit to cross-stitch your own designs on an iPhone case. Now, if only I had an iPhone 4 and not a 3GS!
  • Elle's Studio has a genius tutorial on faking Instax photos, for those of us who are too cheap to buy a camera and continually feed it expensive film. Now I can finally stop feeling jealous of all those cute Instax travel minis and start making my own!
  • Becky Higgins posted about an amazing app for stitching together iPhone photos into a panorama.
  • Studio Calico shares a super cool travel mini album- love all the colors!
  • Becky Higgins was just full of great tips this week, such as this one about taking a photo of the date on each day of vacation. So much more creative than using the EXIF data from my DSLR, eh?
  • This lovely example of tone-on-tone embellishing can be found at The Scrapbook Circle.
  • Jennifer McGuire shares a video tutorial on making your own resin flowers. Yes, you heard me right- now go watch!!
  • Alissa Fast's gorgeous mini album rounds out this week's picks- I love all that kraft!
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan