the botanical gardens at 50mm

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Usually I don't go to the Huntsville Botanical Gardens unless I have two or more camera lenses in tow. On this particular June day, though, I did the unthinkable and took only one lens with me, and it wasn't even a macro!! Instead, it was my spiffy new (to me- I bought it on Craigslist) 50mm f/1.4 Nikkor lens. I think that Darren was rather pleased not to have to play sherpa with the second lens case, and I had fun challenging myself to shoot flowers without macro or zoom and still make it interesting.

I was pretty pleased with the results and thought I'd share some of my favorite shots of the day. I'm sure they'll make it onto a scrapbook page at some point in the near future. :)

DSC_5968.jpg

DSC_5992.jpg

DSC_5981.jpg

DSC_5973.jpg

DSC_5975.jpg

DSC_6000.jpg

DSC_6006.jpg

DSC_6020.jpg

DSC_6016.jpg

DSC_5994.jpg
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan