simple scrapper layout | the joy of a new lens

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DSC_7039.jpg

The July digital templates from the new collection at Simple Scrapper are layered beauties that still manage to keep the focus on the photos. The templates are designed for quick digital scrapping in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, but they can just as easily be used as sketches for traditional paper scrapping.

_DSC7552.jpg

For this page I chose to work with a template that had a spot for one large photo, which I promptly broke out into four smaller photos (you know me- always the rebel :) ) all taken during our last walk through the Botanical Gardens shortly after I purchased my new 50mm lens.

And for those who are counting, yes, this is something like my third Botanical Garden layout this summer. :) What can I say- we go there a lot!!

DSC_7038.jpg

I loved the look of all the layered papers (I broke out my June Counterfeit Kit for this page since I adore all that Luscious Basic Grey paper so much), but felt that it was getting a little busy for the photos, so I washed a section of it out with some messy white paint to create a sort of photo mat.

DSC_7037.jpg

And, of course, there are tiny alphas. These are from My Mind's Eye's Lime Twist collection, and I love them so- I don't think I've had any tiny grey letter stickers before, and I'm finding that I wish I'd bought about a dozen sheets of them!

I've already got the August templates in my hot little hands, and I cannot wait to share them with you next month!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan