friday favorites | july 8 2011

Friday, July 8, 2011

Wooohoooo!! Happy Friday, peeps!! I've spent my entire week locked away in the deep recesses of a software lab (luckily I got out in time today to watch the streaming video of the final space shuttle launch) and am soooo happy to have the weekend just around the corner! I got a call this morning from one of the scrappy chicas at church letting me know that there's a crop tonight (can you say summer mini album time?), and tomorrow Darren and I have tickets to see the new Transformers movie. Fun stuff!

Speaking of fun stuff, here are some great projects, ideas, and reads that I found while out and about in the blogosphere this week.


From left to right:
  • Dear Photograph has to be one of the coolest things I've seen done with photos. Ever. The idea is to take a photo of a photo in the place where it was originally photographed. Confused? Just go check them out!! 
  • The Twinery shares a great tutorial on bookbinding with baker's twine. They also have another article here showing a different technique.
  • I'm just all about bookbinding today!! Design*Sponge has a great post on their blow showing how to make notebooks out of scrap papers.
  • Tara Anderson made these adorable magnetic art displays using cookie sheets and some gorgeous scrapbook paper. Check them out over at Crate Paper.
  • Oh Hello Friend has a fun little post about putting "Summer in a Bag." How fun would this be for any season?
  • Would you believe that these gorgeous flowers shown at October Afternoon are made using a large Martha Stewart butterfly punch? It's true!! 
  • Two Peas in a Bucket has a wonderful series right now called Snap and Scrap your summer. I'm linking up Shimelle's post because I love this layout, but several other talented garden girls are participating, and all of their posts are fab!
  • Did you know that you can use spray mists as ink for stamping? Learn how at Studio Calico.
  • These adorable sparkler cupcake toppers were originally designed as Fourth of July decorations, but I could see them being customized for any occasion. Check them out at Two Shades of Pink.
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan