my cha show picks

Monday, July 25, 2011

I've been eating, sleeping, and breathing CHA during nearly every spare moment of the last week! I think I finally have a handle on getting the Scrapbook Update content finished up...and speaking of that, I've been absolutely overwhelmed by the response to all the booth posts! I've been getting emails, tweets, and Facebook messages from scrapbookers, designers, and manufacturers since the coverage started, and all of those comments mean so much to me! I was also thrilled to see the coverage linked up both by Wendy Smedley and Doodlebug Designs- thanks, guys!

And now, on to my latest bit of CHA coverage- my own personal picks from the show. I posted my sneak peek picks at Scrapbook Update the weekend before the convention started, but there's nothing like seeing items in person to really cement those choices.

Authentique was on my original list with Blissful, and they're still on the list after the show. It didn't hurt that a ton of it is in the August kit at Sweet Peach, so I had it in my hands and was making pages with it for my design team commitments before leaving for Chicago!

 

 

Pink Paislee's Vintage Vogue has a funky retro vibe, and I totally love some of the embellishments such as this ephemera pack (I saw similar packs in so many manufacturer booths) and the spool top buttons. I think these would mix well with a number of paper lines that I already own, and I appreciate versatility in my supplies.

 

 

I'm also going to be snapping up the Nantucket paper line to use for a Bahamas vacation album. The designs and palette remind me of walking around Atlantis on Paradise island.

 

I will admit that I wasn't a fan of the Amy Tan line from American Crafts until I saw it in person. It really is something you need to see and feel in order to appreciate as the photographs don't do it justice. My two favorite items are the mini album and the mixtape (I seem to have a tape addiction).
 

 

 

Echo Park has been one of my favorite companies since they started, and their new Halloween line, Apothecary Emporium, is my absolute favorite Halloween collection from the show.

 

I'm also completely in love with the brads that Echo Park is producing for their Christmas lines- the variety of colors and designs makes these a great value.

DSC_7301.jpg

DSC_7302.jpg

I always love Studio Calico's releases, but there's something special about their two newest collections- Autumn Press and Memoir. I'm definitely going to be picking both of these (and all those coordinating Mister Hueys) up as soon as possible!
 

 

 

 
I spent quite a lot of time at the show in the October Afternoon booth admiring all the new lines, but I like Sidewalks best of all. I also love their Miscellany packs filled with die cuts, ephemera, trims, and even buttons! And their Sprinklers are my favorite spray mists ever.

DSC_7513.jpg

DSC_7504.jpg

DSC_7503.jpg

I totally geeked out in the Doodlebug booth when I spotted their new baker's twine. It has two plys of colored strands instead of just one for an extra bold kick of color. And aren't those Halloween and Christmas versions awesome, as well? They're even making individual twine collections to coordinate with paper lines, giving you even more color choices.

DSC_8619.jpg

DSC_8618.jpg

Crate Paper is responsible for my absolute favorite Christmas line of the whole show- Peppermint. It has lots of traditional red and green, but they also toss in some blue, yellow, and wood grain for a totally unique mix. I have lots of yellow in my house, so this should coordinate pretty well with my Christmas photos!

 

 

I know, I know, I have a thing for brads this CHA...and all the sets from My Mind's Eye's Lost and Found 2 collection absolutely must come live with me!

 

Lily Bee's Memorandum rounds out my picks with its beautiful patterns on one side and distressed ledger prints on the other. This is another versatile line that I can't wait to get my hands on!!

 

 

 

So those are my picks from this CHA, and now I want to know what you're eyeing in the new releases. Please leave a comment and let me know!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan