geek girl | july 3 2011

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Today I am one tired geek girl!! This morning I was in the midst of a baking frenzy at my parents' house. This afternoon I drove back home. And this evening? I worked over at our ex-rental house that we're hoping to put on the market soon. But you know what? It's all good, because I have a new episode of Burn Notice just waiting for me on Hulu, and I plan on diving right into it tonight after I post this.

This weeks geekery includes some revived ancient tech, a few Muppets, and lots of Star Wars. So let's get started!

 

From the top left:
  • Oh, Bakerella, you know I always love you and your cake pops. But these reader-submitted Star Wars pops? They take the cake (see what I did there?). Click through the link to see Chewbacca and an adorbz Ewok.
  • Remember the old Commodore 64? Wait, don't raise your hand if you don't want to date yourself!! Can you believe that it's available for purchase again?!?!? I might just have to buy one because they were really cool. At least, that's what I've been told...ahem...
  • Have you ever been watching a movie and thought, "you know, if they'd just done 'x', it would end really fast?" Well, someone did that with Star Wars, and I couldn't help letting out a giggle or two as I read them.
  • Speaking of giggles, this R2-D2 version of the old Operation game should be worth at least a few.
  • People, this is a cake. With Muppets. And by Muppets I mean my favorites, Beaker and Bunsen. Seriously, does is get any cuter than that?!?!?
  • What do you get when you pair more than 10,000 Legos and lots of spare time? How about a Lego Sandcrawler. No, seriously!! Go check it out!
  • Cupcakes Take the Cake was kind enough to share these cute Yoda cupcakes, made with those awesome Star Wars cookie cutters from Williams Sonoma.
  • If one giant Lego build isn't enough for this post, then you might want to check out this Lego Super Star Destroyer. Unlike the fan-designed Sand Crawler, this will be a set that you can buy and build yourself sometime this fall. Me want!
  • Speaking of want, I want to go to Disney! And screw Mickey- I'll be heading straight for these too-awesome-for-words Muppet Star Wars figures that are available at Star Tours. Have I mentioned that I've never actually been to Disney?
With all the Muppets running around this post, I can't leave without sharing one of my favorite Swedish Chef clips ever...in which he shows how to make donuts. Enjoy. :)



    Okay, peeps, until next time, geek out!
    CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan