I want my scrap room back!!

Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm still in Boston, getting ready to catch my flight back to Huntsville, and I am absolutely itching to get my scrap room back. Since most of my stuff is packed up and the floors have to be refinished first (oh, and there's small matter of painting the walls, too) , getting my craft room back is unfortunately not going to be as simple as just getting on a plane and going home.

I know that there are good reasons to wait- we need to put the finishing touches on the rental house (a second bathroom is a finishing touch, right?) and get our previous house in TN painted, cleaned out, and on the market before we can really concentrate on the new/old house. I would just really, really like to get my scrap room together before I have knee surgery in September, and I keep scheming of ways to make it happen.

It doesn't help that I have this awesome desk waiting in storage to be put together...
And these awesome sneak peeks coming out from Basic Grey (a BG Halloween line? Seriously? Squeeeee!!!)...but I'll need some place to store them...



And Elise Blaha's blog (which I spent a couple of hours reading yesterday when I probably should have been doing other things) filled with so many yummy projects that I want to try for myself. Like her daily card project...


Or her awesome mini albums, like the one below from a trip to Kauai (can you believe she put it together with only these craft tools in tow?!?! Get out!!!) or her 24 at 24 album.


And fun projects like this gift bag made out of an old Popsicle box. Seriously, how many times have I needed a gift bag and had to go out and buy one? How much more fun would it be to make my own?!?!?


I'll try not to complain too much, because there is an awesome scrapbook store just a few miles form the house, and I go crop there once a month or so. It's always a fun group. I went last Friday and actually got quite a few pages finished.

Like this one from Mardi Gras in 2007...



And the last page from Dad's birthday, which is also my Grandmom's birthday...



And some from last Halloween when I had a total gingerbread house FAIL in the kitchen...




And one of a rabbit outside the hotel in Colorado Springs last summer, just because my camera makes me happy...



And, okay, so maybe not having a scrap space *doesn't* really stop me from buying more BasicGrey (and Hambly and Bazzill and Pink Paislee) yummies after all. :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan