Run for Ella

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I ran in my first official "race" of sorts on Saturday morning- the Run for Ella.

My friend Richard (of Code Monkey fame) was also running with it with his son. They were doing the 5K. I ran the 1 mile because I have a 5K coming up next weekend and didn't want two back to back- I just don't think that my knee could handle that.

It turned out to be a really good thing that I didn't sign up for the 5K, because when we got there we discovered that it was an off-road trail run, complete with rutted, washed out trailed filled with loose gravel, dirt, and tree branches. Not knee friendly at all, and certainly not friendly to Richard and Thomas, since this was their first 5K.

I did get some pretty good shots of them while they were running.





Then it was my turn to run...this is more my kind of distance- especially on a really hot, humid day!!


Everyone ready to start. It was a fun walk/run, so a lot of people were walking and just a few ran.




Going waaaay off road to try to politely get around some people.



This guy sprinted up and passed me at the very end- I'm glad someone had the energy to finish strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan