Friday Favorites: TTV Photography, Halloween Cards, and more!

Friday, September 18, 2009

I think I may turn this random list of favorites from other blogs into a weekly thing. I've found another pile of them to share today!

I've become somewhat fascinated with the idea of TTV photography. For those who haven't discovered it yet (it's been around a while, but I just found it very recently), TTV photography is using a new (usually digital) camera to take a photo Through The Viewfinder of an old camera.

Here's an example from the SEI blog:


You can mostly replicate the effect in Photoshop, but I love the look of the real thing, distortion and all. Check here for a tutorial and some getting started tips.

Love, love, love these cute Halloween shaped cards by Kristina Werner! She posted instructions, examples, templates, and a video here on 2 Peas in a Bucket. I've already started on making my own!


My favorite Empress of the Mini Album, Elise Blaha, shared a beautiful new one on her blog this week.



The Paperclipping video this week was all about making your own embellished paperclips. It's a members-only video and I couldn't find an image to use from it, but I did find an Etsy shop that was selling something similar. You can see an example below.


I love the mix of sparkly snowflakes and kraft cardstock on this card from Pinefeather's blog. She is on the Papertrey Ink design team, and she's got me wanting to order bunches of their stamps!


Ali Edwards' featured Tuesday Tutorial this week was all about using Hambly rub-on frames to make labels to organize household items. I may have to try this in my own scrap room!


Last, but certainly not least, I just love this layout on Rachie's Place! It's so bright and cheery, yet it is uncluttered and just...well, just gorgeous! The paint goes a long way toward toning down the background paper so that the photos can stand out.


I hope you found something here to inspire you for the weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I just really love the cupcakes photo, have come by to look at it several times now. Such a sweet, yummy, soft, beautiful retro but also timeless look about it. Great effect. Have you tried your hand at TTV yet? I was thinking some old (or new) crystal dishes mixed with huge fresh (or silk) blossoms might make a fantastic shot. :-)

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan