Back to Playing: CardPatterns Sketch 31

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Knee surgery is forcing me to take it easy this weekend, which means instead of working like a mad woman on home improvement projects I'm resting in my scrap room, watching Stargate DVDs and playing with paper and adhesive.

For those who are curious, I tore my ACL earlier this summer and on Thursday had it replaced with a graft from my patella tendon. I came home from the hospital Friday afternoon and have been slowly regaining range of motion and the general ability to move around ever since. I will admit that I was a whiny baby on Friday, but yesterday and today I'm doing much better. I even managed to do a little stitching on these cards for CardPatterns this week, which involved some interesting balancing at the sewing machine.




I decided to go ahead and make two cards while I was at it. I've never participated at CardPatterns before since I just recently discovered them, and I loved the block-style sketch they provided this time around.

Supplies: Cardstock- The Paper Company; Patterned Paper- Basic Grey; Rhinestones- Kaisercraft; Rub-ons- American Crafts

5 comments:

  1. Love the cards! You find the most interesting ideas.

    Glad to hear you are feeling and doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous! Love the scrappy look of them. Hope your recovery continues!

    I had to laugh at your tag line to the right- I'm a huge Star War and Star Trek fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well quickly but I hope you enjoy some rest time...these cards are super and I love your style! Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Patterns sketch this week...I'm thrilled to be the sponsor and just posted my own card for the sketch on my blog :)

    http://allamericanstampers.blogspot.com/2009/09/winter-color-trends.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great, love your use of the paper swatches

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan