Inspiration for the Weekend

Friday, September 11, 2009

The weekends are often (when I'm not working on houses) my only time to play for hours on end. Or, let's face it, even one hour on end. :) I spend all week doing little things here and there and taking care of the day-to-day, all the while scoping out blogs and plotting what I want to do next time I have playtime.

This week has been especially good for blog ideas. I don't know which of these I'll tackle first. It could be that I don't tackle any of them and instead do something entirely different- you never know!

Note: None of these projects are mine or my ideas. They're just things I found on other crafters' blogs that I found inspiring and wanted to gather into a single post.

I LOVE this page example from Shimelle Laine's class "Learn Something New Every Day." I have lots of book pages lying around from making junk binders, and they'd be perfect for a project like this. It doesn't hurt that all my pages are Star Wars...I could do something super cool with those books!


Or maybe it will be this garland from Pink Paislee's blog. I have tons of old K&Company glitter letters that I need to use up somehow.


Perhaps I should make some chipboard or embellished buttons, such as those featured recently on ScrapScene.



Or I could scrap a page like this one with that awesome pieced-together background.


I love this page by Jamie Waters. I don't know how how many of these pre-made cleaning and to-do lists I've pulled out of magazines and then never used. I could at least scrap one of them.


Love these mini books from Alissa Fast. So simple- some patterned paper, 4x6 photos, chipboard, and embellishments- and yet so lovely.



She has another one here.



I could break out my Martha Stewart loopy punch set and try making a cool circle with them using Renee Lamb's tutorial.


Or get into a Halloween mood by making some super cute tags like these from Pinefeather.


Pinefeather also has some awesome garlands on her blog. I still need to make a garland to complete the little party going on over my scrap desk.


Just for fun, I may try the Squirrelizer out on a few photos. If you haven't seen the photo or read the story behind it, you really must!

So, what are you going to be doing this weekend?


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing some ideas and blogs that I would not have found on my own! VC

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan