A Lovely Weekend + Some Sneaks

Monday, September 14, 2009

I had a rather pleasant weekend- lovely, in fact! I haven't been sleeping well since knee surgery because of having to wear a brace all the time and having to sleep in odd positions, so my parents offered to bring me one of their recliners to sleep in for a while. I accepted, and so on Friday night they arrived and stayed through Saturday.

I had the opportunity to take them to Bridge Street to walk around (very slowly since I'm still on crutches). Mom had never been to Anthropologie before, but they've both heard me talk about it a lot. They finally got to see what all the fuss is about. :)



This store even has a beautiful fitting room!



This is me resting outside for a bit- crutches, brace, and all!



Check out this really cool paper bird that they have in the store right now (actually two of them)!



When we got back to the house, I had a package waiting for me! Mom and and Dad had put together an adorable care package for me and mailed it earlier in the week, not knowing that they would be coming to visit this weekend after all. It was filled with chocolates and mints and other awesome goodies that I have really been enjoying the last couple of days.



Saturday afternoon Mom was kind enough to put away a bunch of things that I had moved over from the old house right before surgery but hadn't had time to get to yet, and Dad helped Darren hang our new projector screen and put the new entertainment center together!




The big, fluffy, marshmallow looking thing in the photo below is the recliner they loaned to me. I threw a down comforter over it and it is sooooo soft and comfy to sit (and sleep!) in. I think it's a perfect addition to the scrap room. :)



And now for a few sneak peeks of a project I spent a lot of time working on Sunday afternoon. It's not quite finished yet, but I'm super excited about it! More to come when it's done- hopefully this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan