Got Sketch 105

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I've written before about how much I enjoy Valerie Salmon's Got Sketch blog and her online Got Sketch classes. I've taken all of them that she's offered so far, but when Got Sketch 105 was announced I was sure I was too busy to keep up with it "live" and decided to wait until it was offered as a download (when it's also usually a few dollars cheaper).

Pink Paislee had other ideas. :) They gave away two passes to the class on their Facebook page, and without really thinking I entered (I mean, come on, I never win those things anyway). Imagine my surprise when I looked down at my iPhone a few days later (after getting back from the vet with a sick kitty) and saw that I had won one of the spots!! So I guess I was meant to be in the class after all.

I surprised myself and for the most part kept up with it all! I still have one layout left to finish, but all the photos are cropped and supplies picked, I just need to sit down and do it.


The layout above is from my brother's wedding. I've been scrapping these photos for a while now, and I think that I've actually finished what I'm going to scrap of them with this layout!

I decided to focus on working through some old photos and page kits that I've had printed and ready for a while. These are all from when I used to just print stacks of 4x6 photos, or go back even before that to my ::gasp:: film days!


This 2-page layout is from a trip to Florida I took I *think* in 2001, judging by the models of the cameras (film, anyone?) that we're using in the photos. That's one of the great things about digital- the date is embedded in your photo so there's no question when it was taken! I'd had all these photos printed in 3.5 x 5 (remember that size?), so when I saw that the sketch called for rows of 3.5 inch photos, I knew it was a perfect match.


I finished up my 2003 Caribbean cruise album with this layout (hmmmm, sensing a theme here and loving it!). These snorkeling photos were taken with disposable waterproof film cameras and didn't turn out very well, but when I photographed the layout and post-processed it in Photoshop, the software corrected the bad exposures in the photos, too! How cool is that?!?!? (It did the same thing for my Florida photos).


I didn't finish my Colorado pictures, but got one page closer with this layout. :) I don't think I'll ever be done with Colorado photos- I took so many there!!

There were a total of 8 sketches in the class, so I'll come back and post the remaining four pages after I've finished the last one. Oh, and I'm taking Shimelle's newest class (thought I'm terribly behind and haven't even started it yet) and am really enjoying reading through the prompts as they come in. More on that later, too!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan