Lunchtime Excursion

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yesterday was absolutely the most gorgeous day of the year so far- it was sunny and nearly 70 by lunch. I decided to take a "mental health break" from coding in my cubicle and get out and enjoy the world...or at least Bridge Street...and took my iPhone along for the trip.


One of the girls at work bought the cutest dress at Old Navy over the weekend and just had to tell me that they were all on sale for $20. I have a hard time finding dresses that I like, so I took advantage of the fact that I found two, and they were on sale! None of the dresses in this picture are the ones I bought. :)


Ummm, and adorable shamrock pajama pants? Yes, please!


Then it was off to Bath and Body Works, where C.O. Bigelow Cinnamint lip balm is on sale 3/$15. I also had a 20% off coupon and another coupon for a free travel size item. Good times- though I need more shower gel like I need a hole in my head!


And I can't possibly go to Bridge Street without stopping by Anthropologie. There's always something colorful there that I fall in love with.

Like this row of pretty aprons...


And pretty much all of their bedding (and I love that paper ostrich!).


This shirt almost came home with me, but I can't justify $60 for a tank top. For that price I could buy a manual die cutting machine, punch out my own flowers, and make my own shirt!

Hey, wait a minute, that's not a bad idea...


This photo came out a little blurry, but this green shirt also caught my eye (why, oh why is every shirt I like in Anthro at least $70?).


They had some great new kitchen stuff in, and I finally got to see what these pretty striped paper straws look like in person. But for $10 a pack, I think I'll have to buy them elsewhere.


Then it was over to Barnes and Noble for a quick browse through the magazine section. Titles like this one always catch my eye. I didn't buy it, though- it would just be something else I have to organize!


Ahhhh, my new favorite decorating magazine. The British Edition of Country Living is so much better than the US version. I already have this issue- the March one should be available in the US in a week or so.


I find it totally ironic that there is a printed magazine called "Green Craft." You'd think they'd publish digitally...actually, I wish Somerset would publish everything they do digitally.


Of course I had to visit the sci-fi section. This new Star Wars paperback came out only a week or two ago. I haven't bought it yet- it's on the birthday wish list that I gave to my parents, and I'm going to be good and not buy the stuff that's on it. :)


These books look very intriguing. I checked and many of them are available for the Kindle. I've never actually watched an episode of Dr. Who, but we're getting Netflix in the next week or so, and it's one of the shows that they offer streaming!! That's the cheapest way for me to watch it since the DVD sets are $60 a season! Ouch!


And then I stopped by Subway to pick up lunch. $5 footlongs are a wonderful thing- most of the time I'll eat half of it for lunch, then take the other half home for Darren to eat later. $2.50 for lunch is not bad at all!


It's supposed to rain tomorrow and most of the rest of this week, so this will likely be my only sunny excursion for the next few days. I'm glad I was able to enjoy it while it lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan