monthly photo roundup | august 2011

Saturday, September 3, 2011


So, August.

I have no idea what happened, but I didn't take nearly the volume of photos in August that I have in previous months (I may or may not have freaked out a little this morning as I was going through my Lightroom catalog to round these up). Perhaps a combination of taking nearly 2,000 photos at CHA in mid-July, then shooting lots more for Week in the Life at the end of July completely sapped my photo taking groove...but whatever happened, it has to go away!!

From the photos I did take, it looks like all I did was eat and scrapbook for the entire month, which may or may not be true. There was more than one night I was at work in the lab until close to midnight, and there was more than one evening that I arrived home from work at a decent hour only to be completely brain-fried and not feel like doing much of anything except laying on the couch and watching TV.

In between all that, though, I did find photos of a trip to the Botanical Gardens, pictures of Darren hanging a new light fixture in the bedroom as part of a few new upgrades to that space, evidence that I did indeed leave the house at some point to go to Bridge Street and also to eat dinner at Phuket (as evidenced by the photo of Darren's baby octopus sushi), and lots and lots of photos of some cool scrappy arrivals that showed up on my front porch. So not a total loss, eh?

Here's to taking more photos in September...and to trying to simplify things around here.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan