simple scrapper layout | seroe colorado natural bridge

Monday, September 5, 2011

DSC_0922.jpg

The September Collection is up and available to purchase in the shop at Simple Scrapper, and once again Jennifer has come up with a set of three awesome layered templates that are great for both digital scrappers and for paper layout lovers who want to use them as sketches. The two templates I chose to work with this month both have spaces for a single large photo, but I chose to split that large space up into a block of smaller segments- I do love working with my tiny photos!

_DSC8458.jpg

I worked with my counterfeited Boardwalk kit for this layout. I chose to copy that kit solely because I thought it would be absolutely perfect for some of my Aruba photos, and I couldn't be happier with the results!!

I've seen so many lovely layouts done with the gorgeous Sassafras Sunshine Broadcast paper (included in both the original kit and my own version) as a background, and I'm thrilled with the way my own page turned out. Those lovely colors remind me of the morning in Aruba (that I've talked about here on the blog many times) that Darren and I trekked down to Seroe Colorado before dawn to catch the sunrise under the natural bridge, so it was the perfect backdrop for some photos from that day.

DSC_0921.jpg

After all the paper layering was done (and especially with such a bold background paper), I decided that simple embellishing was the best way to go. A few word stickers from Authentique and a small sprinkling of buttons from Papertrey Ink, brads from My Mind's Eye, and self-adhesive pearls and rhinestones from KasierCraft did the trick quite nicely.

DSC_0920.jpg

Speaking of brads, I had several people comment after my last virtual shopping post (the one with all the My Mind's Eye brads) to either ask me to talk about how I use them or for new ways to use them. I'm not sure I really have any new and innovative uses for brads to share, but I am planning on putting together a scrappy favorites post on decorative brads soon, so keep an eye out for that!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan