scrap room | cupcake stand button and bauble organization

Monday, September 12, 2011

Remember those tiered serving trays from HomeGoods that I repurposed as storage/display pieces in my scrap room? Well, I'm at it again, and this time with a cupcake stand that I purchased at Target last weekend.

Also? I was in a wacky mood when taking these photos and decided to use random scenes from Stargate: Atlantis on my iMac as a backdrop. :)

DSC_1358.jpg

I've been looking for something to hold all my little bits and baubles (such as buttons, brads, and cabochons) close at hand so I won't have to dig into one of my color bins every time I need, say, a single green button, and this cupcake stand's "fenced in" holders with flat bottoms looked like it would be a perfect candidate.

DSC_1360.jpg

At first I thought I would just use empty votive candle holders to house all my goodies, but after raiding Target, Michaels, and the dollar store and coming up empty-handed (everything was either way too big or way too small), I decided to expand my search a bit. Luckily Hobby Lobby had these perfectly sized jars (with adorable latching lids, no less!) that turned out to be just what I needed. And, better yet, they were on sale 50% off, making them a mere dollar each!

DSC_1357.jpg

See how perfectly they stack inside the little cups? Love!!

DSC_1361.jpg

And now many of the jars are filled with tiny trinkets, just waiting to be used on a layout. I can already tell after making just a couple of projects that this is going to work out really well for me. I tend to use button and little bits on almost every page, and it's a bit of a relief to not have to dig those itty bitties out of the larger bins every time I need something,

DSC_2175.jpg

So now this beauty lives on my desk, just off to the left, but it's also really easy to just grab it and place it on the floor when I need a little more desk space to spread out a project.

DSC_2177.jpg

I also love that about six of the jars are still unfilled, meaning I have room to expand or use them or other little treasures as needed.
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan