friday favorites | september 16, 2011

Friday, September 16, 2011

Howdy!! How's everyone doing this evening? I, for one, am a tired little scrapper tonight. Earlier this week I spent several late nights (some so late that they were early mornings) in the software lab at work, and then tonight I had the chance to go to a crop at church and took it! I have several pages for upcoming articles and projects that are now standing by, waiting for stitching on the sewing machine and some other finishing touches.

Oh, and did you see this? It was so sweet of May to include me in this week's Noteworthy column with my Bella Blvd design team news- still pinching myself on that one!

Now, how about some cool projects from out and about in the blogosphere?

 
From the top left:
  • I love seeing embellishments used in creative ways. Those "ice cream scoops" on the front of this card found at October Afternoon's blog? Those are little chipboard pennant banner pieces- so creative!
  • Givers Log shares some sweet gift wrapping made with tissue paper and decoupaged clothespins.
  • This sweet, handmade "Favorite Things" mini album can be found at American Crafts Studio blog.
  • Michelle Clement hosted a little Q + A session on her blog recently, answering both practical and abstract questions about her scrapbooking and giving some pretty thorough answers!
  • Marcy Penner posted a video tutorial showing how she makes her signature paint/mist splatters.
  • I found this great tutorial for making paper doilies via Craft Gossip.
  • Betsy Veldman walks her readers through the process of making these gorgeous resin papers.
  • I've seen these accordian flower backdrops popping up all over the place lately, and Ruffled shows how you can make your own!
  • How's this for a new and creative use for paint chips? Use them to make wall art! The Red Thread has more photos and some details showing you how.
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan