counterfeit kit | september 2011

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The inspiration kit for September went live yesterday on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, and today all the Master Forgers are sharing their own versions of the kit!

I need to quickly put in a disclaimer for mine before jumping into the photos- I didn't actually copy the inspiration kit. I'm on the design team for the chosen kit club this month, and I didn't quite feel right about copying their stuff (it seemed to be a bit of a conflict of interest to me), so after getting the go-ahead from Bethany and Meridy I selected a kit with a similar feel and ended up copying Studio Calico's Paper Moon kit instead. I can't say I'm disappointed as I loved this kit when it came out, and I just so happen to have lots of the October Afternoon Rocket Age paper that the kit is based on (it was all over my Geek Girl's Scrapbooking Picks post a couple of months ago).

Now, on with the kit(s)...because you just know that I had to do all the add-ons, too!


The main kit, Paper Moon, with the original kit photo above and my copy below. I had a bit of a hard time finding the right journaling spot for this one, but I think I made it work.

DSC_1336.jpg




Star Dust (original above and my version below) is a very girly themed add-on, but not in a hugely pink in-your-face sort of way.

DSC_1338.jpg




I think that the Ray Gun add-on (original above and my version below) is my favorite of the group, if only because I do so dearly love that Rocket Age Miscellany pack!

DSC_1343.jpg




Countdown (original above and mine below) adds some great pops of bright green and red to liven up the main kit's color palette.

DSC_1345.jpg




And then the Space Cowboy add-on (original above and mine below) tones it right back down with lots of brown and my personal favorite- woodgrain. I pulled out some super old chipboard letters for this one, so maybe I'll actually get them used!

DSC_1346.jpg

I'm super excited to be making layouts with this kit to share with you this month, and you can expect to see some of my geeky Star Wars photos make an appearance!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan