Friday Favorites- Thanksgiving Ideas (and new Basic Grey!)

Friday, November 20, 2009

Better grab a cup of tea (or hot chocolate!) and settle in for this post because it is loooooong! The blogs have been a hoppin' this week with some great ideas! I gathered a large number of Thanksgiving ideas together here, but you just know I'm gonna sneak some Christmas in with them. :)

First up are these sparkly glittered candles from Martha Stewart. I gotta admit that I have some candles in less-than-thrilling colors sitting around, so I'm definitely going to have to try this out on them. If the glittered candles aren't enough, the link above actually points to a whole gallery of blingy goodness.


If you're in more of a scrappy mood, Karla Dudley created a free set of digital brushes with a gratitude theme. Plop these babies over your Thanksgiving photos, print, and scrap away! Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy (learned that one from one of the guys in the software lab earlier this year).


I love this adorable fall banner found on the A Million Memories site. The tutorial is posted in 3 parts: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.


I also love these spray-painted walnuts as a table adornment, and Design*Sponge has several other great ideas on using them in fall decorating. Everyone repeat after me: Ooooooh, shiny!


The last Thanksgiving project for the week is this tutorial by Danielle Thompson on making these darling fabric pumpkins. You really should check out the instructions- they're well photographed and explained in such a way that even I think I could make these!


From here on out today, this post is all scrappy, all the time. :)

Scrappy, like the new scrapbooking papers from Basic Grey that were released last week! I love, love, love Origins. Sugar Rush not so much, but I've never been into the doodling thing.





And how about a couple of mini albums? This post from Sassafras Lass comes complete with instructions on how to make the binding.


And this post by Allison {Kreft} Abad shows how she makes the foundation of her mini-album before adding photos.


The last two items I have to share this week are December Daily projects. I need to get in gear and make my album foundation!!! That's what I've got planned for Sunday afternoon. :)

First up on Pinefeather is an adorable December Daily album made from a Little Golden Book. I actually had to just look past that part, because my Little Golden Books are precious to me and I could never cut them apart!! But she found hers at a thrift shop, so I guess it's all cool.


Last up, Noell Hyman posted on her Paperclipping blog about her stress-free method for putting together her December Daily album. She emphasizes speed in her approach, but I like to think of it as just having fun and not worrying about it being perfect.

If you want to see the rest of her album, she's posted it here on Flickr.


Whew, that was a lot of stuff! And probably the only thing I will be making this weekend will be my December Daily, but I'm really looking forward to that project.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan