Scrapping Shopping Binge

Monday, November 9, 2009

I seem to go through stages when it comes to shopping for scrapbooking supplies. There are weeks and months when I look at everything in my scrap room and think that I could not possibly need anything else. And then there are times that I walk through Michaels (darn that 8x8 American Crafts album I needed for my December Daily) and get weak in the knees at the sight of new Martha Stewart border punches.

I mean, just look at these!! That awesome ornament punch. I love that it outlines around the shapes that it punches- just too cool! And I've wanted that Valentine Lace punch since I first saw it online in February but it sold out in the stores before I could find one. And those stars are too adorable! I also scored the elusive Double Loop punch around the page set, but somehow forgot to take a picture of it.


Some girls love purses, some love jewelry, but I get all excited and googly-eyed over paper and punches and glitter and glue. You would think that would be cheaper than Prada or Swarovski, but somehow I'm sure that it's not.

Preeeeeeettttyyy glitter in tons of different colors. I bought the big glitter set when I was shopping with Mom after my second knee surgery. About a week later they came out with microbead and tinsel (not pictured) glitter, as well. Perfect for stamping with a glue pad and then glittering.


Sure, so the last thing I need is more paper, but this Saffron stack from DCWV just called to me (I did mention that I bought all this with 40% and 50% off coupons, right?). Look at those colors! Look at that foil!! I think I may faint right here.


Speaking of faint, that's what I nearly did when I got my big box containing my order from Stop and Scrap. It's the first time I've ever ordered from them, and they were totally fab! Not only could I order BasicGrey paper packs (without the stickers that I never seem to use), but they put all the Halloween items on sale 20% after I placed my order but before it shipped, and they gave me a gift certificate for the price difference!

My big box contained mostly paper (stuff I can't get locally). I love these journaling books from Making Memories and Creative Imaginations. The papers are great to use both on 12x12 layouts and also as standalone pages in mini-albums.


Just look at these adorable Halloween bingo cards from Jenni Bowlin! And I also scored the Twilight and Spook Alley paper sets from Pink Paislee and Making Memories.


And, in the spirit of saving the best for last, here is my favorite set of items from this round of purchases- all four new lines from BasicGrey's CHA Summer lineup! Eerie, Indian Summer, Eskimo Kisses, and Nook and Pantry. Remember how much I drooled over them here and here?


I think that now I will have to go back to being good and not buying for a while, but that shouldn't be hard with all the new toys to play with! Of course, I hear that there are more Martha Christmas punches on their way to Michaels...

1 comment:

  1. Wow you sure scored with the scrappy merchandise. I love all of it, and I too am a proud owner of the loopy punch by Martha.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan