Friday Favorites (on Monday)

Monday, November 16, 2009

Welcome to another edition of Friday Favorites...on Monday? I had such a busy (and fun!) weekend starting Friday morning that I didn't have a chance to get the post up in time. I considered waiting until this Friday to post, but I already have some great stuff saved off for that (including some awesome fall/Thanksgiving themed ideas), so I'm going to go ahead and get this up.

I'm warning you now, I've turned into a Christmas Elf this year. After spending the last two Christmas seasons either living in another state for work or on travel (hmmm, to the same state, also for work), I'm so ready to have a big Christmas at home. I'm usually irked when the Christmas stuff comes out in the stores before Halloween. This year I'm all, like, bring it on!

That being said, first up is this beautiful gift wrap idea from ScrapScene. Seriously, how gorgeous is that white doily on kraft paper? If I didn't have eleventy thousand rolls of Christmas paper in the attic already, I'd so be wrapping everything in kraft!


If you need a little help with your Christmas bow tying (okay, now I'm picturing kraft paper covered in all kinds of pretty ribbon...) check out this tutorial by Elise Blaha.


I can totally see this bunting done up with Christmas colors. And, yes, I'd include kraft. :) I think if I could never use any other shade of cardstock besides kraft in all the rest of my scrapbooking, I'd still be a happy girl.


Patterns for these adorable pop-up place cards are over on Martha Stewart's web site. Lately I'm loving playing with glitter, so these tickle my sparkly spot.


Okay, that's it for Christmas for now. :)

How about some free scrapbooking sketches from Debbie Hodge?


She also has some great tips for scrapping different kinds of travel/trips in an article here. Hmmm, maybe useful for those Christmas trips? (Okay, so maybe I wasn't totally done with Christmas...)

Lastly, I really need to try to make one of these lanyards. The directions are on the Moda Bake Shop blog, and while it looks involved I think it wouldn't be too bad. I have to wear a badge at work all day, so it might as well be a little fashionable!


As you can probably guess, I didn't actually get to any of these projects last weekend. I'll have to post all about the fun times later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan