December Daily: Gathering

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I finally finished gathering my supplies for my December Daily album! I had originally thought that I wanted to mix it all up, but then after seeing this post by Megan Turnidge I decided to do something a little more unified. This year I'm using the K&Company Peppermint Twist paper pad (I bought this last year and had it in the stash) along with some Bazzill Bling cardstock (and a good amount of Kraft thrown in, of course!) and a few odds an ends bits of vellum and transparency. The peppermint twist paper is just gorgeous, and several of the sheets are accented with glitter, embossing, or foil. And who can resist those cute Santa faces?


I love this paper because while it uses some traditional Christmas colors it also throws in a lot of non-traditional colors. My album last year was very heavy on reds and greens. This year my album will still have those colors, but I intend to throw in a lot more teal and some pink as well.

I still plan on adding other papers in with this- some cool papers from journaling notebooks, envelopes, and divided page protectors. I've had zero time for scrapbooking the last couple of weeks, so just getting these supplies together (I did it a piece here and there when I had a free 60 seconds) was a major accomplishment. Needless to say, I haven't started on the construction yet!



The embellishments are mostly silver, but another cool thing about this paper pad is that it includes some decorative punch outs. I plan on combining these with some glitter and pop-dots to make many of the embellishments for my pages.

I'm looking forward to getting the chance to start putting this together! For now I'm working on cranking out some party decorations with the Wishblade- more on that later!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I started following your blog when I found you through Project 365. I've read about Ali's December Daily, and it sounds interesting. I just wondered why someone would do a December Daily along with doing Project 365. I don't know much about Dec. daily, so hoped you could help me with this question.
    Thanks! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom! I like the colors this year. :)

    Valerie- I wish I had a good answer for you. All I can really tell you is that I enjoyed doing this album last year and wanted to do it again this year, P365 or not. I just like making stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan