Geeky Pumpkin Carving

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pumpkin carving is I think my favorite part of Halloween. Not that I'm very good at it, but I love the finished product. Last year we only had one pumpkin (Darren carved it) because I decided to try to make a Halloween gingerbread house instead. It didn't turn out very well. :) The gingerbread house, I mean- the pumpkin was awesome!

This year I decided to actually carve my own pumpkin. I had designs picked out for two, so I went to work on an Apple logo while Darren took on the task of the 1Up Mushroom.


I was very pleased with how they turned out! And since mine was such a simple design, I really didn't have too much trouble with it.



I was a little disappointed that we only had about 30 trick or treaters, but the kids who did come liked the pumpkins- we could hear them talking about them as they came up the front steps. :)

I went low-key for a costume this year. I had wanted to go all-out and get a full Jedi rig, but with the knee still a little messed up, I just wasn't feeling it. So I settled for some comfy scrubs and borrowing a stethoscope from Darren. I added the witch hat later (Mom and Dad bought it for me last year) and joked that I was a "Witch Doctor." :)


While searching the web for a good 1Up picture to turn into a template, I came across this awesome shirt on ThinkGeek. I NEED one of these to wear to work!


1 comment:

  1. Cool pumpkins this year! I promise to treat myself to an effort next season. I'm long overdue. On a recent episode, Richard Castle and his daughter both carved pumpkins. You would enjoy seeing Richard's for sure. Loved reading the gingerbread house post again...your effort does bring a :).

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan