Nostalgia

Tuesday, November 17, 2009



I read this post on the WiiNintendo blog tonight and was instantly transported back about 20 years to when my Dad and I used to play Super Mario Brothers (the first one!) together. We used motion controllers before they were even in style- we'd lean all the way to one side during a jump hoping that maybe it would give Mario a couple of extra inches.

Dad taught me some cool Mario tricks, like running under Bowser when he jumped to cut the bridge and save the Princess (who was always in another castle). I think the coolest thing he taught me about the game, though, was this awesome trick to get infinite (well, 255) lives. It was here where I was first exposed to all those funky ASCII characters. Cool stuff. Good memories. I need to see if my parents have any photos of us playing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan