Friday Favorites: April 15, 2011

Friday, April 15, 2011

Wow, it's been a seriously rainy day in Huntsville! And I don't mean just little sprinkles and showers of rain- I'm talking the Yellow-Brick-Road-Auntie-Em-I've-A-Feeling-We're-Not-In-Kansas-Anymore under tornado watch all day kind of rain!

In other words, a typical April day in northern Alabama.

That typical April weather also signals that Easter is near, though, and I've got lots of fun springtime crafts mixed in with some of the more typical Friday Favorites.

Ready to get started? Of course you are!!


From left to right:
  • If Peeps contain enough sugar to give me a buzz just looking at them, then photos of these adorable Peep cupcake push-up pops are enough to send me into insulin shock right here and now! Get the scoop (peep?) at Love From The Oven.
  • I totally ::heart:: the few sets of Spellbinders Nestabilities that I own, so I was totally thrilled to come across SVG cutting files for similar shapes at My Cricut Scrapbooking! You can also find tons more of them at Penny Duncan Creations (specifically here).
  • How sweet are these crepe paper carrots filled with tiny gifts? Get the how-to at Martha Stewart's Crafts Dept.
  • This sweet Easter basket is folded out of a single hankie! Zakka Life tells you how.
  • My scrap crush on Marcy Penner got a bit deeper when I saw her Easter buntings at October Afternoon. So fun!
  • Noell Hyman of Paperclipping walks readers through her scrapbooking process step-by-step as she creates a layout on one of her latest blog posts. It's always a treat to get inside another scrapper's head and see how their process works.
  • Learn to make these sweet felt flowers at The Fickle Pickle.
  • Hambly is rockin' the washi tape! Check out their tutorial on using it to cover die cuts. It's a great alternative to paint or patterned paper!
  • Map-obsessed me fell in love with these little DIY map magnets at How About Orange. I might just have to make a few to commemorate our Aruba vacation.
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan