geek girl | july 28, 2013

Sunday, July 28, 2013

So I just got back from picking Darren up at the airport after his ten day trip to South Africa, and I remembered that I hadn't yet posted Geek Girl for the week! Luckily I already had the roundup in place, so I'm just dashing in for a minute to post this before I finish making our homemade pizza for dinner and start working through the mountain of laundry he brought back home. It's a glam life, right? :)

gg july 28

From the top left:

  • This amazing Lego portrait of Han Solo contains more than 20,000 individual bricks!
  • A Death Star mold is the latest in the whole geeky ice cube/candy tray lineup.
  • More Design Please reported on a periodic table inspired set of tableware that recently met its Kickstarter goal!
  • Minions are adorable, but Minion cake pops? Those are too cute for words!
  • I so need this "Then I Don't Care" t-shirt...with Star Wars added to that lineup, of course. :) 
  • Speaking of shirts, Darren has absolutely forbidden me from buying this Nathan Fillion tee featured on Fashionably Geek. Hmmm, I wonder why!
  • There's been an understandable shortage of Firefly news for the past several months, but it was recently announced that a mobile game based on the popular and short-lived series will be coming to Android and IOS platforms in 2014. 
  • Nerd Approved explores what newspaper headlines and magazine covers might look like in a world where The Avengers really exist.
  • Hostess with the Mostess featured two cute Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle themed parties recently. You can find them here and here.

Oh, and that Firefly video game I mentioned earlier? Here's a super short and super vague video announcement for it from San Diego Comic Con.


MTFBWY!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan