project life 2013 | week 22 with simple stories

Monday, July 29, 2013

I never thought that I would be posting a Project Life layout using the statement "...and this was the week I bought a laser cutter."

But I did. And I am, and I'm excited to talk a little about both here today!

First, the layout:

project life 2013 week 22.jpg

Supplies:



I put this week's spread together using Simple Stories' I Heart Summer line (it's also up on the Simple Stories blog today), and, oh, man, am I ever in love with this collection. Very rarely these days do I find scrapbooking supplies that I think that I really need to have extras of on hand, but these papers, journaling cards, and embellishments? They are totally my style. Colorful, bold, fun, and cute without being cutesy. I love them!

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

I used the collection (with just a touch of Sn@p) thrown in) to document the week that included Memorial Day. A week where I ran a 5K and had a few random adventures both at work (in the form of some "light" reading on a new topic for me) and home.

DSC_3207.jpg

DSC_3205.jpg

This was also the week that Darren got his MCAT score results back in, and I took advantage of the fact that Simple Stories' Pocket Pages divided page protectors are true to size and will actually fit these cute little accent pockets and added a little hidden journaling.

DSC_3204.jpg

So, about the laser cutter thing- I'll be able to talk more about it in a week or so, but a couple of months ago I purchased a cutter to use at home to make my own wood veneer embellishments. It's partly for me to play with and part business venture, which is why it's been a little light on the creative side here on the blog lately. Between learning to use the new toy and some changes to my hours at work, I've been trying to get used to a new schedule and fitting it all in. It should be settling out soon, and I'm looking forward to getting more traditional layouts posted here again!

I won't be opening a retail shop with the custom veneers right now, but I am producing items based on customer-provided designs for a few companies, including one that will start unveiling the lineup next week. I can't wait to share more- it's been such a fun adventure so far! And I'm sure some of those laser cuts will show up on future layouts. :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan