july garden at two peas in a bucket : summer projects

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My project for the June garden at Two Peas in a Bucket is something quite different from the layouts that I've made for them in the past. Instead of messy ink splatters and clusters of embellishments, I chose to create an entire album documenting our Dominican Republic vacation from start to finish, Simple Stories style.

Photos. Words. Journaling cards. And a very few extras.

DSC_9781.jpg

I first pitched the idea to Jamie way back in January when I was just starting to go through all of my photos from the trip, and luckily she loved it and we planned it for July, when the Simple Stories 12x12 Pocket Pages were due to come out (they have been a bit delayed now and should be out mid-month). Darren and I already had our big summer road trip in the works at that point, and I knew that there was no way I could completely scrap this vacation in my usual style before the next one came up. I'm still planning on scrapping some individual layouts from this trip, but for now I'm happy to have the complete story in one album.

I loved that I was able to work on this album in a different way from my usual layouts. Lots of it was assembled at our dining room table (as shown in the photo above), and Darren even commented as I was working that it seemed to be much more "low key" and easygoing than my regular layouts. He loves this type of pocket scrapbooking, and I was happy to get our trip album put together in a format that he really enjoys, too.

I purposely kept the album very simple- just photos sized to completely fill the pockets, journaling cards from Urban Traveler, and also some embellishments from the collection sprinkled here and there. I also recorded some helpful tips along the way as I assembled my album, and you'll find all of that documented over on the project page in the Two Peas in a Bucket gallery.

The finished album is 56 pages long, but since it uses mostly flat items like photos and journaling cards, it really only fills about half of the 12x12 Simple Stories leather album that it's living in. I could fit a whole other adventure in there if I wanted! And one day I'm sure I will.

I won't bore you with all of the pages from the album here- just a few of my favorites, though if you want to see the rest you can find them here in my Flickr feed.

1a.jpg

DSC_2497.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

DSC_2503.jpg

10.jpg

DSC_2504.jpg

21b.jpg

26.jpg

Two Peas has also released a new round of digital products to go along with July's summer theme, including some camping themed elements that I'll definitely be using to document some of my road trip vacation! There are also a few freebies in the shop- two printables and two sets of cut files- that are only available this month, so be sure to check them out!

6a01675f1b3cd6970b019104076a37970c

Downloads

With this vacation documented, I'm now working on getting my road trip into an album. I actually started that project while on the road and will be sharing it later this month!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan