crushing on camping

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I'll admit it. After our big road trip adventure with a pop-up camper in tow last month, I'm more than a little smitten with the idea of camping. And while I'm working through sorting and editing all of the photos from that trip, I'm also eyeing several of the new camping themed scrapbooking collections that have popped up lately.

No worries- I'm not going to go through every camping themed item like I do in my holiday roundups, but I did want to highlight just a few of my favorites. Camping seems to be a recurring trend in scrapbooking every few years, and the current crop is trendy, cute, and oh-so-usable!

I'll kick things off with a look at Happy Camper by Jillibean Soup. Designed by Laina Lamb, this collection is filled with bright colors and includes a sheet of journaling cards and an adorable map print. I love the cute, decked out campers, all set for a weekend of glamping!

blog1

The digital shop at Two Peas contains several camping themed cut file and printable sets this month. I've included photos of just two of them below- love that woodgrain journaling card! Most of these files are only available during the month of July, so if you see something you like, remember to pick it up before August!

blog

The only physical items I picked up from Echo Park's Happy Camper collection were the journaling card sheets, but I did buy the whole thing in digital format over at Jessica Sprague. I still have delusions that one day I'm going to have time to digi scrap alongside the paper!

blog2

I'm saving one of my favorite camping-themed collections for last- Lakeside by Pebbles. The bright, happy color scheme puts it right up there with Jillibean's Happy Camper, and I love the watercolor effects and of course that map print! The journaling card pad from this collection is simply adorable, too. It made me smile just flipping through it, and I can't wait to put it to work on a layout!

blog3

I've tried to be smart about shopping from all of these collections, choosing just journaling cards and a few strategic embellishments (die cuts and chipboard top that list), plus a few map prints here and there. I'm planning on adding in some papers from my existing stash as I've done in some of my recent Back to the Future segments, so you can expect to see some camping layouts hit that series soon!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan