Friday Favorites- Photo Editing Tricks and More

Friday, October 30, 2009

Welcome to another set of Friday Favorites, where I share some of my favorite things from blogs I've read during the week. None of these are my ideas, but they are things that I'd definitely like to try sometime!

This week I found quite a few photo editing tips. First up is a post on Write. Click. Scrapbook. on preparing photographs of scrapbook pages to be posted, complete with nifty drop shadows. I'm definitely going to have to learn this!



Reading that post made me think of a tip from Karla Dudley that I'd read a few months back on "turning" up the edges of your photos in Photoshop. It might be a cool thing to use on pages posted on my blog, as well.

The Studio Calico blog featured a great post on using Photoshop to add texture to your photos.


Pioneer Woman (when you have a spare afternoon, I suggest you kick back and just take in her whole site!) posted a tutorial on using Photoshop to round the corners of your photos.


There were some great non-Photoshop posts this week, as well. The Hambly blog had a masking tutorial that looks pretty cool.


I love these jeweled leaves from Prima on the Crafty Scrapper blog! There are more colors available here on Scrapbook.com. I have some black leaves in my stash already, and I think some orange and black beads. I bet I could make some cool Halloween leaves!


I think I'm going to have to organize my scrapping and Star Wars books by color after seeing this post on Jamaica Makes. It just looks too cool!


This bug pincushion would make the most adorable sewing project! (Yes, I know, I'm using a lot of exclamation points today!)


And finally, I think I'm going to have to learn to crochet just so I can make a scarf like this one. I mean, seriously, it's Mario!!


Okay, off to clean my craft room so that hopefully I can get some playtime in this weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan