Michael's Clearance (and some of it is pink!)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oy. I am indeed a bit of a shopaholic, aren't I? No, really, you don't have to answer that. :-P

So, the story goes that I was in Michaels getting the new Martha Stewart cupcake edger punch when I spotted a rack with a clearanced out tissue paper pom-pom kit. It was pink, which is totally not my color, so I pondered them for a bit and then put them back. The next day I was thinking and I said to myself, "Self, you are helping with two baby showers and who knows what other parties this year. You need to get those!" So the next day I went back and bought them (with a 40% off coupon!), and got caught by some other clearance goodies.

Wanna see what I got?

First, obviously, is the pom-pom kit. It was a steal, originally $19.99 marked down to 9.99 and then I used a 40% coupon to get it for $6. It makes 7 of them!


Then in the Christmas clearance I found these glitter words for 25 cents each. Yeah, a whole quarter apiece! They are the perfect green to go with my color scheme for next Christmas- I call them "subtle, yet blingy." Is that even possible?


And then, oh my, there were the Martha Stewart Christmas punches on clearance. Two of them were $2.59 and one was $3.19. How could I *not* get them!?!?!? You know that Martha's punches rock my socks!


So, while I did shop, I was good and stuck to clearance and got out of there for just over $16. Not too bad when you consider that one of those border punches retails for that much!

So what about you guys- any good shopping finds lately?

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! We don't have a Michael's here, but we have a Hobby Lobby (the closest one is up in Austin), which means you can only use the 40% coupon for reg priced items. Go fig, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I'm the biggest nerd ever it took me like 5 scrolls up & down to figure out where the comment thingy is
    on this post! I've never seen it on the top section
    lol

    Anyway number 1 I had no clue u can use a 40% off coupon on a clearance item! That's a freakin deal!!!!
    love the punches!
    I get in a lot of trouble at michaels & we recently Jada brand spankin new one open near my work
    that I'm staying away from till tax pay day hahaha

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan