Card Thursday: CPS, Card Patterns, Mojo Monday, Clean & Simple, and 2 Sketches 4 You (Whew!)

Thursday, February 11, 2010

There are a ton of awesome card challenges hosted on blogs every week, and every week I have the best intentions of participating but just never seem to get around to it. This week I decided to play along with five of them since I needed some Valentine's Day cards anyway, plus I had some pretty new ribbon and glittered chipboard from a recent Tuesday Morning run burning a hole in my supply stash.

Hopefully most weeks I'll be back to post at least a card or two on Thursdays, but right now I'm counting myself lucky just to have this set finished!

First up is my entry for Mojo Monday's Sketch 125. I used a HouseOf3 Valentine's circle left over from my glittered garland as the sentiment.



I got all fancy with the stitching on my card for the 2 Sketches 4 You Sketch 45 this week. In retrospect I wish I'd left myself room to round off some of the corners on this card- whenever I'm not totally thrilled with how a card turns out, rounding the corners just seems to make it a little better, you know?



This sketch (Card Patterns 50) was so fun to play with! I replaced the large circle in the center with one of the Target dollar spot doilies that I used to make a garland last week. When it was time to adhere the small circles and the ribbon I was so glad I'd just stocked up on Tombow Mono refills again. I love my ATG gun, but nothing beats a smaller tape runner for ribbon and little fiddly bits.



My favorite card from the batch was made using CPS Sketch 153. My stitching was pretty wonky around the corners (hey, it was my first time sewing rounded corners!), but in the end I love the imperfect look it gives the card.



And finally, my card for the Clean and Simple Fall To Layout 77. I think this is my first time ever playing along at Clean and Simple, and it was definitely the quickest card I made. I even broke out the acrylic stamps for this one!



It's time now for these cards to wing their way to my friends and family. Hopefully they'll make some people smile. :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of fabulous Valentine cards! Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love the colors!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just scrolled through a couple pages (very nice creations you got there BTW) and noticed a certain lacking of the hair/geek variety, where is this so called scrappy "jedi" at :P

    Seriously, very nice stuff you got there

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all fabulous! You were rockin' the sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you!

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan