October Kit Reveal at Citrus Twist

Saturday, October 12, 2013

The October kits have been revealed over at Citrus Twist this morning, meaning that I can finally post what I've been working on this month! The Main kit this month features lots of Dear Lizzy's Polka Dot Party and Maggie Holmes's Flea Market while the Add-On Kit is totally bright and full of embellishments, and I had lots of fun mixing things together...after making my Main kit only layout, of course. :)

I'll start things off with my Main-only page that all started with a gorgeous floral die cut from the aforementioned Dear Lizzy collection.

DSC_0126.jpg

You know how you see a piece in an embellishment package and it just sparks a page? That totally happened here. I knew I had a few photos in one of my storage binders of a bougainvillea bonsai at our local botanical gardens that would be perfect for both the die cut and the bright pink Thickers in the kit, so I grabbed them and got to work. A bit of layering and some fun with sequins and stamping later, and this page was finished!

DSC_4433.jpg

DSC_4432.jpg

My next layout is where I started to really mix things together, and I pulled in bits of the Embellishment Add-On, Kit Add-On, and even the Pocket Life kit for this page. The photos are from a trip to HomeGoods, where, as usual, I wanted to buy everything in sight but opted to snap photos of a few favorite items with my iPhone instead.

DSC_0127.jpg

Sometimes the hardest part of putting together a layout for me is the photo arrangement. Usually once I have that figured out, everything else falls into place, but I had the hardest time getting to that point for this page...until in a fit of frustration I tilted the photo block at an angle. Suddenly everything balanced out perfectly! I cut the decorative "plates" out of the Fine China paper from the Flea Market collection and added in some of the Prima metal gears form the Embellishment Add-On to add a bit more dimension to the circles.

DSC_4438.jpg

DSC_4437.jpg

My last traditional layout with the October kits (I have one Pocket Life page that I'll share on Monday) started with photos from Star Wars Celebration VI, where my brother and I had fun posing with Roxy the Rancor. With such a geeky subject I knew I wanted to use the star chart printed mini bag and patterned paper from the main kit, so I started with those elements.

DSC_0132.jpg

Most of the embellishments on this page are from the Kit Add-On- I love how packed it is with buttons, stickers, and enamel dots. The star chart mini bag had a sentiment printed on it that didn't quite work with my page, so I backed one of the nested hexagon wood cuts from the main kit with a bit of patterned paper, then stuck one of the exclusive flair buttons from the Kit Add-On in the center. My journaling for this page is printed on the tag that's tucked into the bag.

DSC_4483.jpg

DSC_4481.jpg

All of the kits are now live in the Citrus Twist store, and I'll leave you with a closer look at the new offerings, plus the monthly kit reveal video. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Oct TYPE Main Kit

Oct TYPE PL Kit

Oct TYPE stamp add-on

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan