counterfeit kit blog hop | august 2011

Saturday, August 27, 2011

DSC_0820.jpg

Happy Saturday, blog hoppers, and welcome to the August edition of the Counterfeit Kit blog hop! This month we have some special fun stuff going on as part of Counterfeit Kit's partnership with Allison Davis' awesome Sketch Support site- she created an exclusive sketch (which can be found here on the Counterfeit Kit blog) just for our blog hop this month!

With the bright, fun colors of Echo Park's Country Drive collection gracing my kit this month I knew I wanted to get more of li'l miss Sophie's first birthday party photos scrapped, so I printed up a few of her opening her gifts and used them to create this layout.

presents and paper.jpg

I haven't made a two-page layout in quite a long time now, and I'd forgotten what a pain it is to "stitch" the two halves of the spread together in Photoshop...especially since I've upgraded from Elements 6 to CS5 in the intervening time and everything is just a little bit different in the new version.

Here are close-ups of the left and right pages...

_DSC8434.jpg

_DSC8436.jpg

Bling and flowers seemed like natural choices for embellishments on this page- it's not often that I go all girly and fun on a layout, and I decided that I'd just go all the way on this one!

DSC_0822.jpg

This page also shows off one of my favorite techniques lately- adding a messy, thin layer of white paint over a busy patterned paper. It helps the title, embellishment, or whatever happens to get put in that space to pop out even more!

DSC_0819.jpg

Thanks so much for visiting today! Please hop on over to Sheri's blog next and take a look at what she has in store for you this month!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan