simple scrapper layout | one...one crumb at a time

Thursday, August 11, 2011

DSC_0316.jpg

It's really, really hard to believe that my adorbz nieceling Sophie is already a year old!! Her birthday party was a couple of weeks ago, and I have soooo many cute photos of her eating her cake...one crumb at a time!! Sophie Clare is definitely not a dainty girl by any stretch of the imagination, but apparently she's no cake smasher, either.

_DSC8417.jpg

The "sketch" for this layout was one of the digital layered templates in the Simple Scrapper August Collection. As soon as I spotted this one in the bunch with all those little photos lined up (I think it's my favorite one this month), I knew it would be perfect for this series of shots of Sophie and her birthday cake.

DSC_0319.jpg

I had fun adding lots of little details, like those pennants (made with Papertrey Ink's Banner Builder die set) adorned with bits of bling. I sprinkled a healthy number of rhinestones elsewhere on the page, as well, along with a few cabochon flowers. And did you notice that background paper? It's a sheet of that Studio Calico woodgrain that I admitted to buying about a dozen of in a recent scrapbook supply order unboxing post.

DSC_0317.jpg

Now, if you peeps don't mind, I'm going to go crash out on the couch and watch an episode of The Clone Wars before getting some sleep. I worked almost 13 hours today and didn't get to run tonight which means I'm tired and slightly grouchy- don't get between me and my workouts, yo! :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan