geek girl | august 7, 2011

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Okay, seriously? I have the best blog readers. Ever. A few weeks ago fellow Counterfeit Kit girl and an avid Scrapbook Update reader Emily emailed to ask if she could send me something that she found in her mom's basement while they were getting ready for a yard sale.

What was it, you ask? It was this amazing, awesome, insanely cool Star Wars stamp collecting kit. Still in the wrapper. Dated 1977...before I was born! Swoon!

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

I was elated that she asked and even more giddy when I arrived home from CHA and the package was waiting for me at the house. She even included this Star Wars coloring book!! Darren flipped through it and is pretty sure he had the same one as a kid.

DSC_0466.jpg

Emily, thank you, thank you, thank you for sending these my way! They're going to be displayed in a place of honor in my scrap room with some of my most prized Star Wars goodies! If you guys would, please stop by Emily's blog and leave her some love for me. :)

I have some great geeky shares for you this week, and in honor of Emily's sweet gift they're all about Star Wars!


From the top left:
  • Do not adjust your monitors! That is, in fact, a real Haynes manual for the Millenium Falcon. Now, someone pass me a hydrospanner...
  • We all know that Star Wars and Legos are a perfect match, but Star Wars, Legos, and cake? That is pure win! Especially when it's a Lego Millennium Falcon cake we're talking about.
  • I've been plotting and planning a bathroom remodel for a while now. Do you think Darren would notice if I slipped some Star Wars tile work into the shower surround?
  • This Ewok cake is almost too cute to eat!! Almost...
  • Finally, finally, finally Star Wars voices (including Yoda and Vader) have come to the Garmin. If it's available for the model I have, I might just have to consider unmuting mine (I hate voice navigation...I don't like having my electronics boss me around). Turn left at the night intersection, you must...
  • I usually visit My Sweet and Sassy for their awesome cakes and party ideas, but when I saw this amazing R2-D2 cake I just knew I had to share it on my next Geek Girl post.
  • Speaking of party ideas, here are a bunch of ideas for an awesome Star Wars themed party.
  • We've seen R2-D2 in cake tonight, so now how about in Legos? Complete with remote control!!
  • Darth Vader shows that even Sith lords need a vacation now and then. Do you think his helmet is waterproof?
As a parting note, I'd like to send a little message to my brother- get right on teaching this to Sophie, would you? It can be my Christmas present. :)




Until next time, geek out, peeps!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan