sweet peach layout | almost walking

Monday, August 22, 2011

DSC_7163.jpg

Happy Monday morning, everyone! I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to get back at it this morning! I know that I'm ready to get back to some layouts around here. I absolutely, thoroughly enjoyed posting all the Use Your Scraps ideas last week (and, by the way, those are now all available together at one handy dandy link here), but it's seriously time to get back to scrapbook pages now!

DSC_7136.jpg

I made this layout for the July design team gallery at Sweet Peach Crop Shop and used their gorgeous July kits. Yes, I said kits, because even though I was assigned the Juicy kit this month, I ended up purchasing the other two as well because I adored it all so much!!!

DSC_7161.jpg

I don't often use pink on my pages, but with the gorgeous Glitz stickers, pops of pink in the Sassafras paper from their Sunshine Broadcast line, and, of course, Sophie's hot pink jumper, it just seemed like the right thing to do here. I even mixed up the proper shade of pink using a couple of different hues of Making Memories paint and used it to cover the chipboard butterflies, adding little pieces of the Hambly doily rub-ons after it was dry to simulate the look of filigree.

DSC_7162.jpg

If you're wondering how I made the butterfly at the top of the page (hint: I used a big, fancy Prima flower), you can find my tutorial for it this morning over at the Sweet Peach blog.

Have a great Monday, everyone!! I'll be back tomorrow with...another layout! Yes!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan