friday favorites | august 19, 2011

Friday, August 19, 2011

Many, many, many apologies, peeps, on the lateness of this Friday Favorites post!! My only excuse is that it's been a wonderful crafty and catch-up day after a pretty frustrating and exhausting week. And, since I'm a no excuses kind of girl, I won't even say that's an excuse and will just suck it up and admit that I just haven't made the time to post until now.

Will you forgive me, please, and accept these fine, fun projects that I've rounded up for you this week as penance? 


From the top left:
  • Maps have a special place in this travel-loving girl's heart, so you just know this DIY map stationery set from Design*Sponge just had to find it's way onto my blog!
  • How About Orange has a great tutorial (available as a downloadable PDF, no less!) on how to turn an old book into a sewing box. I can see sooooooo many possibilities for scrappy projects in this one!
  • Craft Gossip linked to another great travel-oriented post, this time showing how to make a mini album using a passport cover. Sounds like a perfect scrapbook on the go idea to me!
  • Learn to make these lovely crepe paper flowers at Giver's Log.
  • Could these sweet finger puppets possibly be any cuter?!?!? Heidi Van Laar shows you how to make your own!
  • Maps, maps, maps- more map goodness!! Kelly Purkey shows how to make a map-based scrapbook layout. So fun!
  • If you've been reading for any length of time, you know I have a soft spot for great party and birthday ideas, and these adorable animal candle holders (soooo easy to DIY) from The Sweetest Occasion certainly fit that category!
  • Can you believe that these cherry blossom stems (you know I can't resist cherry blossoms) are made from clay and a few other craft supplies? Amy Atlas shows you how!
  • I love Monika Wright's mini albums, and she's got a fantastic summer themed one over at Write.Click.Scrapbook
Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan